Friday, June 18, 2010

Somedays... Like today....

Some days I stop and wonder what I've done to deserve so many blessings in my life. Some days I stop and wonder why Heavenly Father has blessed me with the family and friends - both near and far - that I have. Some days I wonder why why Heavenly Father has places a pebble in my path yet other days I wonder why he has placed a boulder in my path. Some days I wonder how to jump the hurdles while holding onto the blessings. Some days, like today, I am thankful, prayerful, hopeful, confused, scared, confident, strong, tearful, joyful, stressed, weak.... I think if you were to provide an adjective I'm sure I could think of a time I have experienced that feeling.

Today though I am extremely thankful. Thankful the son of friends successfully had a needed surgery, that his doctors hands were skillfully guided and that he is mending. Thankful that my daughter has such wonderful friends. Thankful that the car in front of me was going slow enough that we both missed being involved in the VERY bad accident on the freeway by a few minutes. Thankful that emergency crews were able to get to the accident quickly and render the necessary aid. Thankful that I work with such WONDERFUL people who value me as a person and who make me feel a valuable part of the team. The list could go on and on. Now this isn't to say that there isn't a pebble in the road, there is, in fact, it is a boulder and may not easily be overcome without some wise counsel but the blessings, those wonderful blessings, FAR outweigh those pebbles, those rocks, those boulders.

Today I want you to know that I am thankful for the blessing you are to me, that you have been to my life & to the lives of my family. You make me a better person because YOU are YOU so THANK YOU... for being a blessing without every realizing it! Today, and well.... everyday I want you to know that YOU are a blessing to someone, somewhere, whether you know it or not that somedays, like today I thanked Heavenly Father for placing YOU in my path along with the joy, sorrow, blessings and hurdles so that YOU can help me be a better ME.

4 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

What a nice post to read to start the day! Thank you, Jenni!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the post that has me counting my blessings too! :) Hope yours is a great day today, friend.

Wendyrful said...

Thank you Jenny. This is a really nice post, and I have soooo many blessings to be thankful about - especially right now.
Thank you for reminding us all that even with the pebbles, rocks and boulders, there are blessings all around us!

Jenn said...

A friend found your blog and sent me this post. Thanks for writing it. It's very inspiring! :0)