So for the past few days we have had this little treasure visiting us...
Isn't she a beauty! She has been plying us with her song. We have seen her on various perches within eye shot of the backdoor and have heard her calling from her hiding space within the trees.
I got a new camera Friday - an Olympus SP800UZ and it has a 30x zoom and I am so grateful that it does because it allowed me this wonderful shot! She was on our back fence which is about 85 foot away at this point. I have been playing with the different settings on my camera and am a bit scared of some of the "magic" it has - like the pinhole, fisheye, popart and drawing settings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
Playing with the new camera....just in time for my contest :) Glad you got it. Hope you have a great week.
That's a great shot! Have fun playing/learning your new camera! Can't wait to see what you capture with it.
Nice shot and I have to say that I LOVE Hawks. We saw them tons in Texas growing up. Glad you are enjoying your new toy. Can't wait to see what else you capture with it.
Oh, a new camera, how fun!
I enjoyed reading your last post as well. :)
We had a hawk like that in our neighborhood in Dallas. One day it landed on our fence and we were oohing and ahhing over it. We suddenly realized it had killed and at a rabbit right there in our backyard. We thought it was our pseudo-pet Bun Bun, but it was a different rabbit. Yikes, it was gory, but made for an exciting afternoon for the kids. And the hawk sure was beautiful.
New camera?? I'm excited for you. I've enjoyed mine a lot.
What a cool shot! I remember you had been shopping for a new camera and I didn't realize you had gotten one -- congrats! I loved looking at your blog. So many wonderful things to read -- it's great!
Realizing I haven't left a comment on this one still, I am hoping you will actually post something new soon!! I do love this shot! I wish I could have taken a pic of the one out our window long ago.
Now post something new... like your weekend at the college of Katie's choice or something!!
Post a Comment