Monday, November 12, 2007

OAMC - Soups!

Here are a few OAMC soup recipes that I make - with the colder weather looming out there it's a great time to get these going! I double - sometimes triple these recipes depending on what cooker I pull out - I have a 4 qt. and two 6 qt. slow cookers and an 18 qt. roaster that I put into action on occasion - by doubling/tripling the recipe I am able to feed my family that night and then put some in the freezer for another day! Enjoy!

Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
2 cans rotel tomatoes
2 can corn
2 cans beans (any combination)
1 can water
1 medium onion - chopped
1 package taco seasoning

Mix all ingredients in slow cooker. Cook on low 6 - 8 hours. Shred chicken. If freezing, let cool and package at this point. Serve with cheddar cheese, sour cream and crushed tortilla chips. Adjust to your taste.

Vegetable Beef Soup

1 lb lean ground beef
16oz can diced tomatoes
16oz can tomato sauce
16oz package frozen mixed vegetables
1 package dried onion soup mix
2 TB sugar
4 cups water
potato – 1 or 2 diced

Brown beef, drain. Add rest of ingredients. Simmer for an hour or so or put in crock pot to cook on low all day.If freezing, I would wait and add the cubed cooked potato when ready to heat and serve. You could add some cooked elbow macaroni to the soup when serving in place of the potato.

Slow Cooker Taco Soup – serves 8

1 onion chopped
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 can chili beans
1 can black beans
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
6 halves chicken breasts
8oz can tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups beef broth
20oz cans tomatoes with green chiles
sour cream
tortilla chips
grated cheddar cheese

Put onion, through tomatoes in crock pot. Add taco seasoning and stir well. Put chicken breasts on top of mixture, pressing down to just cover the chicken. Cook on low for 5 hours.Remove chicken from pot, cool slightly, shred, put back into soup. Cook 2 hours more on low. Cool,package and freeze at this point if desired. Serve topped with cheese, sour cream and chips if desired.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Those recipes are great!! My crock pot is my best friend. I use them, I have 2, all the time!!

Thanks, I will use them for sure!!