Ok, so don't ya'll fall off your chairs - yes, I am alive - feeling much better and I FINALLY have my voice back! It was very, VERY quiet around here for a few days! Thanks to those of you who called to check on me - Love ya guys!
Anyway, here are a few chicken recipes that I hope you enjoy - If any of you make the recipes - please post and let me know - and any changes you might have made to fit your families likes so that I can make notes and give them a try too!
Chicken Fried Rice - serves 4
1 1/2 C. white rice
2 1/2 C. water
1 onion, chopped
2 C. cooked chicken, cubed
2 T. olive oil
2 T. soy sauce
1 t. toasted sesame oil
3 egg
1/2 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
1/4 C. green onion, green only, chopped
Cook rice in water for 15 minutes. Fluff with fork. Spread in thin layer on foil lined cookie sheet and refrigerate. Gently break up clumps of rice and mix with onion and chicken. Package in Ziploc. To serve: Thaw rice overnight in refrigerator. Heat oil in large skillet or wok. Stir-fry rice in oil until heated through; push to one side of pan. Pour beaten egg into cleared into skillet/wok. Cook eggs until set but still moist. Stir eggs into rice/chicken mixture. Season with soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, pepper and green onion and serve immediately.
Chicken Divan Soup - serves 4
2 BSCB (boneless, skinless chicken breast) cut into 1 inch pieces
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped*
2 T. olive oil*
3 C. chicken broth
1/8 t. pepper
1 can broccoli cheese soup
10 oz. frozen chopped broccoli
1 C. Swiss cheese, grated*
*I use pre-chopped garlic in oil and reduce oil to 1 T.
*I use whatever cheese I have on hand if I don't have Swiss - we've even tried pepperjack!
In large saucepan, cook chicken, onion and garlic in oil until veggies are crisp-tender. Add broth, pepper and soup; stir well. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, 10 - 15 minutes. Cool. Place in Ziploc bowls. Measure cheese into ziploc. Place cheese and package of broccoli into larger ziploc, label all and freeze (that way no one stills the broccoli or cheese for a different purpose!) To serve: Thaw everything overnight in the refrigerator. Place soup and broccoli in saucepan and heat over med-low until soup simmers. Add cheese and stir for 2 - 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Cheesy Chicken Supreme - serves 4
4 slices bacon
4 BSCB
1 onion
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 can cream of mush. soup*
1/2 C. milk
1 C. Cheddar cheese
6 oz. package couscous
In large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove from pan and drain on paper towel. Add chicken to drippings in skillet, cook 2 - 3 minutes per side. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 4 - 5 minutes, until crisp-tender. Combine soup and milk; add to skillet. Simmer until chicken is cooked through. Cool mixture. Crumble bacon and place in small ziploc. Place cheese in ziploc. Place cooled chicken mixture into ziploc. Place all these ziplocs in a larger labeled ziploc and freeze. To make: thaw kit in refrigerater overnight. Place chicken mixture in skillet and heat 10 minutes or until hot. Add bacon and cheese; cover, cook on low 5 - 6 minutes. Serve over hot cooked couscous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Glad you finally posted!! AND, you're feeling better!! Of course, everything sounds yummy!!
Thanks for the recipes....I'm going to try them out THIS week as we are a total chicken family (when I'm actually cooking). I really think we need to do a group OAMC thing SOON so my family will actually have real dinners (although they might faint when they are served something other than "whatever you can scrounge up"!)
Okay, I finally updated.
You need to post some pictures of your newest little family members.
Haven't seen you in a while. Hope you are doing well. How was your Christmas?!
Post a Comment