Today was a harsh reality day - with the end of the school year being today I realized a few things -
1) my baby is now a highschooler, goodbye Liberty MS and hello BJHS before I know it she will be off to BYU! The days of "mom, can you take me to ??? ... are quickly on their way out the door since she is taking drivers ed during summer school and will soon be wanting a car of her own or carnapping mine all the time. We are closer to dating age now (not that age has stopped her from having a boyfriend - though I do think she HAS chosen well if she MUST have a boyfriend!)
2) and that on Sunday my Drew will be 21! Can you believe I have a 21 year old son? Some days I feel like I am still 21 (not today though, today I feel 85ish, makes me wonder what 85 WILL feel like?!?) He bought his own car, pays the insurance, puts gas in it, needs to get an oil change and brake check on it, recently shaved, has decided NO mission :-( though is considering more college classes and is bartering with me on whether or not he should pay rent and how much said rent should be!
3) that try as I might - I will NEVER feel organized in this house! Try as I may, purge as I might, rearrange things, whether physically or mentally, and pray constantly for inspiration - am highly doubtful this house will ever come together as I dreamed! Last weekend we borrowed D's husband S. to help put the new pantry doors in (why in the world our builder put a 24" door on a 5.5 foot pantry is beyond me - to reach either side I had to reach in up to my armpits!) Now I need to get D or S (not D's hubby), or anyone else willing to take on the job to come over and give me ideas on how to perk up my pathetically drab house and turn it into a home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
So what you're telling me is that these "harsh realities" never get any easier to take?!?!
You said it Jen - not easier at all - I wouldn't give up a minute of it though - just wish I'd enjoyed them more when they were younger!
Post a Comment