Monday, October 20, 2008

Cooler Weather Freezer Meal

Well, it looks like the cooler weather is getting here quickly so I thought I would provide a soup recipe. I usually replace the cheddar cheese soup with the cheddar cheese sauce that you can get at either Sam's or Costco which I divide down into 12 oz. portions and freeze them, then when I need them just put them in the refrigerator, thaw and use.

Broccoli-Cheddar Chowder - 6 servings

1 1/2 cups milk
11 oz. cheddar cheese soup (or use the entire 12 oz. cheese sauce I mentioned above.)
1 cup frozen loose packed broccoli
1/2 cup frozen loose packed hash brown potatoes
1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
2 tablespoons chopped pimiento

In a medium saucepan, stir together milk and soup. Cook and stir over medium heat till bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining ingredients; cool. Pour mixture into a 1 qt. freezer container. Seal, label and freeze.

To serve, transfer frozen mixture to a large saucepan. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 40 - 45 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.

Other than that there is nothing new going on around here - hope to see you all Friday if not sooner!

3 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

This looks delicious! Thank you, Jenni! :)

Mandi said...

I can't wait to try this! Thanks!

danakat said...

Yummy. Steve and B will love this! K is super picky. Do you have any soup-ish recipes for picky eaters?