Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Freezer Meals

So, I know that sometime ago I promised to post freezer meals on Mondays - and then after just a few recipes that faded away - I apologize. I know today is Tuesday BUT I DID pull the recipe from my files on Monday! I LOVE these dump chicken recipes as they are so quick and easy and makes you feel like you accomplished something so quickly. You can use either fresh or IQF (individually quick frozen) in these recipes as the chicken marinates as it thaws. Just mix the recipe in a LABELED gallon sized ziploc, toss in the needed amount of chicken, squeeze out as much air as possible, seal and throw it in the freezer. It is wonderful cooked either on the grill or in the oven. We have used many different flavors of jam and have yet to fine a combination that we haven't liked.

DUMP BBQ JELLY CHICKEN
3/4 c Ketchup
3/4 c Blackberry, strawberry,-peach or apricot Jam
1/8 c White Vinegar
1 tsp. Worcestershire
2 tsp. Chili Powder
1/8 tsp. Salt

7 comments:

danakat said...

Thanks for the recipe. Since we actually have a grill now, I'm excited to try new things.

Quincy Sorensen said...

Thank you very much!

Jessica M said...

That sounds so good! We'll have to try it.

I've started running in the mornings too. It's such a nice time of day to be outside.

Glad you had fun on your trip!

Lisa said...

Glad to have the recipes back!! Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I will definately try because I love easy and good tasting recipes!

shari said...

thanks for the recipe. I happen to have the ingredients in my house right now so I will try it tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Wendyrful said...

Can you elaborate a bit on the dump chicken recipes? You put it all together, freeze it and then take it out and cook like normal? Do you have to defrost it first? Then cook? It reminds me of a recipe I haven't made in a long time that I used to make quite a lot... it used apricot jam. yummy.