Friday, December 5, 2008

My baby is 16!

Sorry I am a few days late posting this - On Wed., my BABY K, turned 16, she is days from getting her license (just needs to complete a few more accompanied drives under the State Farm "Steer Clear" program) and everyday I am reminded that that day I am one day closer to her leaving home. I am so proud of her and her aspirations, she is quite a young lady with very big dreams. She loves kids, and loves babysitting and is hoping that she'll get more calls now that she can drive. I can't believe that she is 16!

Some things you may not know about my K. She was born in England, in a British hospital. We were due to transfer to our next duty station on 2/3 and it can take 8 - 12 weeks to get a passport so on the way home from the hospital at a mere 6 hours old we took our beautiful baby girl for her first passport picture and then the wait began. Long story short we got her passport the morning we were to catch our flight back stateside - I really thought she & I were going to get a "girls vacation" while we sent the boys on their way - it was scary! Because of the military and a few other job changes for Daddy, K has lived in England and 5 states in the US and has moved 10 times in her 16 years.

K, is VERY smart, sometimes too much so for her own good! She is usually a straight A student, has high SAT/ACT scores, is in the Duke University talent pool, Honor Society and was in the gifted/talented program since she was old enough to be involved.

K wakes with a smile on her face, cheer in her voice and rarely has a bad thing to say about anyone - you really now that someone has pushed the limit - if she is mean to anyone or says anything mean about them.

She is having a party tomorrow night and my house will be overrun with teens for a movie/game night to help her celebrate this hallmark in her life.

K, if you read this, I love you so very much and there is so much I wanted to write about you - I could have written a small book and as it is wrote & deleted several times just to get down what is here. Happy birthday my lil one! Mom loves you!

2 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

Hooray for Baby K! I think she is wonderful, too, and I certainly hope she reads your post. Happy belated birthday, you delightful young lady! :)

Karen said...

Wow. I can't believe she is 16. Congrats to you and Happy Birhtday to the birthday girl!