Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A litte bit...

This is a little bit of what we have been doing around here lately.

H has built this fence to keep the puppies out of the garden. I am so proud of him - I'm not sure he felt comfortable tackling this project but he did a GREAT job and it has withstood the strong wind storms we have had lately. Right now he is in the process of moving the old garden boxes into the fenced area and building a few new boxes to include one for strawberries/chocolate mint. Then we are hoping to get the garden in and the lawn reseeded.

D is still working at Sam's and trying to decide what he wants to be when he grows up.

K is busy with being a sophmore at BJHS, she has some major classes this semester - German, Chem & Alg. 2 w/Trig. She is also babysitting a fair amount, getting ready for some summer activities and is hoping to find a job for the summer to rake in some dough!

As for me, I have been nannying and just trying to stay on top of life in two households - theirs and ours. I am still hoping to get a job back in the medical field so if anyone knows of any openings please let me know. I did take some time and finished this quilt top recently - it was a mystery quilt where you were given the instructions over a few hours - this one was from New Years day 2005 - it was a fun way to spend the day but I'm glad to have it done finally! I just need to get it "sandwiched" and quilted. See how big our Sugar puppy has gotten! She weighs about 18 pounds with her harness on and is a little love bug!








and a bit closer so you get an idea of the colors



I have picked out some verigated thread to quilt it with. Still need to chose a "motif"

Anyway, I just thought I'd give you a glimpse into the goings on here.

5 comments:

hope said...

Glad to hear everyone is well. I think it is great you have taken on a nanny job. That must be who I saw you with the other day at the store.

Anyways, welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Nice to know you are still alive in the blogger world! ;)

Y'all have been busy people! I enjoyed meeting the kids you nanny, at the playgroup!

Wendyrful said...

Very pretty quilt. It will be fun to see how it all turns out.
Best of luck with the new job hunt!!! Good to see you around here... ;-)

Karen said...

I love the quilt! Great job. And I am glad you are still alive. Being in two households is tricky. Hang in there.

Rebekah said...

i LOVE this quilt! what beautiful colors! :]