Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Journeys

While blogsurfing this morning I came across beautiful quote...

"As you create a home, don't get distracted with a lot of things that have no meaning for you or your family. Don't dwell on your failures, but think about your successes. Have joy in your home. Have joy in your children. Have joy in your husband. Be grateful for the journey."-Marjorie Pay Hinkley

This really got me thinking. Even though I have been married and had my own home for a number of years, I am still working on "creating" my home.
I DO get distracted by things - lots of things, too many things.
I AM guilty of dwelling on my failures and don't often relish in my successes.
We USUALLY have joy in our home.
I DEFINITELY have joy in my children and husband.
I AM grateful for the journey - not always so thrilled with the speed bumps, pot holes and detours but thankful for where the journey has taken me and the growth it has allowed me along the way.

The path has been strewn with family, friends and experiences that have shaped me into who I am and though I am still trying to "mold" myself into the person I want to become I look at the friends who exemplify traits I want to emulate in my own life and I am strengthened everyday by the journey of the past, the promise of today, the excitement of tomorrow and the thrill of the thought of the journey that lays ahead - no matter what may lie in the path.

I hope you are enjoying your journey and I hope you know that today, and everyday, I will be somewhere along your pathway, cheering you on, ready to listen, to love, to hug, to cry - because having friends like you make the journey so much more enjoyable. Have a GREAT journey!

4 comments:

Jessica M said...

What a great post! I loved every line of it. Sister Hinckley is, I think, one of the most inspiring people. Her perspective was just so good and right . Thanks for this lift today!

Natalie said...

What a fun read Jenni, very well written. I will ponder this quote by Sis hinckley, thank you!

Becki said...

Love this post! I need to remember a few of those things too!

Mike and Carrie said...

Thanks Jenni! I needed that.